Re: A92: Cannot run Fargo 0.2.6 on my Calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:01 AM 4/1/98 +0100, Hugo Ferreira wrote:
>Ok... I used the Ti-GRAPH LINK for Win Version 1.4 !
>But, the question here is: In older versions of FARGO, when the old MEMORY
>OVERFLOW technique was being used, I was able to install fargo. Latter, when
>new versions camed out, I were only able to install it USING again the old
>way. Since FARGO has been using the new way, I can't install it.
>
>But, there is another problem. DAVID said that the backup I received was
>corrupted. But, strange enough, if I send the clean backup again to the
>calc, it accepts it.

Actually, I posted three messages to this list in quick succession. My
final conclusion was that you have a non-standard version of ROM 1.10, and
that your backup was NOT corrupted.

Have you received the latest email I sent to you? I sent it about 12 hours
ago.

The reason Fargo 0.1.x worked on your calc was that it used a lookup method
designed to be ROM independent. I used lookups that worked on both ROM 1.2
and 1.12, so they had a good chance of working on everything in between as
well. However, this method was rather kludgy and not guaranteed to be ROM
independent due to its nature.

Fargo II uses a more traditional, but more reliable (and more efficient)
lookup method: it simply has a table for each ROM version. However, this
means that it cannot support ROM versions that I have not encountered.

---
David Ellsworth
davidell@earthling.net
IRC: eXocomp