re: A92: what is C11?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: A92: what is C11?

>  I am turboing someones TI-92 and I need to know the capacitence of C11 in
>  the 92.

This is dangerous in several regards:
1.)  Changing the capacitor to a lower value can cause the trigger for the
clock to "flutter", making your 92 inoperable.  This would be the most likely
result of replacing C11 with a 1 pF cap.
2.)  Replacing the cap. with an 8pF would still induce a large current through
your ASIC, which would cause the unit to eventually fry - maybe not tomorrow,
maybe not next week, maybe not next year...  But sometime it will fry your unit
- I promise!!  The circuitry was not designed to handle this type of current
flow, and it is NOT covered under your warranty.  To date, 4 people have
changed their capacitors, fried their units, replaced the capacitors and sent
them to TI for repairs.  The units were promptly sent back to the customers
with a polite note stating that modifications to the hardware are not covered
under warranty.

Regards,
Shawn Prestridge
Texas Instruments, Inc.