Re: A92: romconv problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: romconv problem

Hello,
	I was the first to try (and successfully complete) a transfer an ASCII
romdump through the TI-Graphlink, using a technique suggested by Tybstar
(thanks Tim).  At first, I finished the ASCII dump, and captured the text.
When I tried romconv, though, it would, as has been mentioned, stop
randomly during conversion (mine stopped VERY close to the end most of the
time).  I deleted the old one, though, so I didn't get a chance to check
the size (I think the sizes were different), even though I used the same
process to recieve the dump.  I dunno if it was my dump or the program that
messed up, but in the end it worked.  So let it be known that there is
emulator hope for those with TI-Graphlinks.

				Rob__
>Yeah,  the gray graphlink cable.  Use the Hyperterminal program that ships
>with windows 95 (or something similar), set the baud rate to 9600 and the
>port to com2 (or wherever you have your cable plugged into).  Don't bother
>to do any of the modem setup garbage, as long as you get connected to your
>calc.  Then just go up to the bar and choose capture text.  It will ask you
>for a text file to dump the stuff into and I find it handy to have a text
>file already created before I start the hyperterminal program.  After you
>have the file selected just hit yes (or whatever the next command is on the
>dialog box), and run the romdump2 program (ASCII version) on your calc.  You
>should almost immediately see ascii come up on the screen.  The dump should
>take about 15 min (approximately) since your speed is 9600 and you have an
>entire meg to dump.  From here on I can't seem to get the rest to work.  Let
>me know if you do.

Follow-Ups: References: