Re: A92: Java?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Java?

Aaron A. Hill wrote:

> First off, I think that Java would be an excellent port project.
> (Its difficulty would definitly prove someone's skill of programming.)
>
> Secondly, there should be a way to do Java on the TI-92.
> You would not have to impliment the entire Java VM to the TI92.
> Of course, color support would be limited to whatever grayscale
> you want to add.  There is a lot of the 30MB that would not be
> needed or stuff that CAN'T be implimented.  I admit that 500k
> is not enough room for a good Java.  And interpreted code would
> make the 10MHz chip seem even slower.  I think that what someone
> should do is write a Java compiler for Motorola 68000 Machine
> code.  This would eliminate the need for an interpreter.  Of course
> some version of the Java VM would still have to be created.
> Unless someone can see a way to create "stand-alone" programs.

java compiler - hard..

also It would be completly useless without the classlibraries - you just
woulnt be able to do anything - I reiterate the class libraies are 9MB.

It would be possible to store them in an external device and load up as
needed, but rhat's just anotehr slowdown - bascially you're going to end
up with soemthing unusable - but if your feeling exploratory, feel free
to make a good go of it....

--
--- iF my mInd is a sEweR, tHen what Does thAt make mY Body? ---