Re: A92: Questions (again)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Questions (again)

> I'd be very please if someone could explain me, how the folder and
> variable system of the TI-92 works (I'm looking forward to program a
> menu to choose files)
>
> Another question: What's the difference between bhi and bgt (something
> with signed and unsigned?)

Well, for the folder and variable system, it's quite simple.
In TI's ram, you will find the VAT ( Variable Allocation Table), wich is made
up of different memory blocks.
First of all, there is the folder memory block, wich handle is $000B. This is
a table wich contains all folders and theirs handle :

the 4 first bytes are :

offset :
00.w   : maximum number of folders you can put in this table
02.w   : number of folders in this table

then:
foldname , info , handle - foldname , info , handle ...
   8         2      2        8         2      2          (bytes)

As you can see, there is one handle per folder. This handle points too the
folder's table. There is one table per folder, this table contains the vars of
this folder. This is an exemple of a folder table :

offset :

00.w   max number of vars
02.w   number of vars
then
varname , info , handle ...
  8        2      2           (bytes)

(info : locked or not)

I hope that you understood.

For bhi and bgt : bhi is to compare signed registers, and bgt for unsigned.

I hope i'm right,    Sacha

Follow-Ups: References: