Re: Patched versions of Fargo (was: Re: A92: Checksums)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

David Ellsworth schrieb:
> At 01:06 AM 11/6/97 +0200, Arno Kizina wrote:
> >Sorry, but I already deleted the fargo file, and, as the one I made for
> >myself with a lot of other stuff is more than 400k, I don't want to post it
> >here. If you want to have it, send me your email-address so that I can
> mail it
> >to you privately
> >		AK
>
> Please...everyone who has made patched versions of Fargo, please stop
> distributing them! Instead, distribute Fargo 0.1.15. This is the very
> reason I released it, to stop the distribution of patched versions of
> Fargo. (It was also to prevent the confusion arising from the fact that
> Fargo 0.1.13 with my own masked ROM patch looks exactly the same as plain
> 0.1.13.)
>
> Besides, the distribution of modified versions of Fargo is specifically
> prohibited. Read the section "Legal stuff" in FARGO.TXT.
>
> ---
> David Ellsworth
> davidell@earthling.net
> IRC: eXocomp
> ICQ: 2300673
Sorry, but you misunderstood my answer. I don't use my patched version of fargo
anymore, as it was one with wrap-around.Immediately after you released 0.1.15
I began to use that version instead, and that is what I wanted to give to
D Kuehling, but I couldn't find the .zip anymore. I READ your legal stuff...
But to calm down everybody concerned by this problem, I got me a copy of
Fargo 0.1.11 and I distributed this zipped file.
	AK

Follow-Ups: References: