re: Re : LF: Math Question, possible ROM error..?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Re : LF: Math Question, possible ROM error..?

Hmlacage:
	You are correct in your answer, but for the mathematician who is a
purist, they would pull their hair out over the answer you gave, and also the
one I originally gave.  One of the central tenets of limit theory is that you
never really evaluate the limit at the given point;  You are to look at the
function on both sides of the point to see if they converge to the same
y-value, and if they do not, then the 2 sided limit does not exist.  It's a
great deal like some of the engineering classes I've taken.  The profs would
throw a function up on the board and would proceed to differentiate and
integrate it without ever proving that you could do it in the specified region.
It really used to tick off the mathematicians in the room!!
	In the sense that he were looking solely at the real-valued domain, Mr.
Walker was correct in his statements.  However, our algorithms consider the
complex continuity of the function and return the correct answer of 0.

Regards,
Shawn Prestridge
Texas Instruments, Inc.
Educational & Productivity Solutions