Re: LF: I messed up the address to this list, but here's my problem (A

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: I messed up the address to this list, but here's my problem (ATTACHED)

At 07:55 PM 7/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>sorry I am new to the assembly world but I have a question:
>I have been using TICC (Converts C into ASM for the 92) to make my first
>Fargo program. It has gotten fairly big (10Kb compiled) and now when I try
>to continue, it can't compile. The 68000 compiler finds about 480 errors.
>I think it has something to do with the way it compiles the "IF" and
>"while" statements that screws it up after so many of them are in the code,
>but I am not sure.

If you are suddenly getting many errors, it could be that you are hitting
the 32k limit with the compiler. Check the size of your .asm file, a68k
(the compiler included with Fargo) chokes on anything over 32k. To fix
this, break it up into a few files and include them in the main one (I'm
not sure how to do this with TICC)

>This is the only way I have been successful in Fargo. I've tried Assembly,
>and even "EASYASM" (translator between ASM and 92-basic) but I can't get
>the assembly to work quite right. If someone could give me a push with
>some basic ASM help (What all the little "jsr"'s and stuff do), I'm not
>asking for a program, just some help.

As (perhaps) you can imagine, it is quite hard to offer assistance when one
has practically no knowledge of what stage the other is at in their
learning. I (as I think others might) get slightly annoyed when people just
say "Teach me", giving no indication of what they know or what they would
like to know.  I think a better course of action might be to play around a
little with what you do know about ASM and ask specific questions that you
come across. There are many (myself included) willing to share their
knowledge, but how can this knowledge be shared when there are practically
no parameters on what you would like to know. =)

>Also, anyone got any suggestions for games? I'm working on hangman (That's
>the HUGE program. Also: TICC can'tmake random numbers which screws me up)

Hmm, can't help you here, but there are many others with good ideas to
share :)

>PS-whoever made the 92 asm version of jezzball--fix it! It don't work!

As (perhaps) you can imagine, JezzBall is quite a complex program. The
author is working on it, and I'm sure he realizes that it does not yet work :)

Andrew Von Dollen
warn@geocities.com