Re: A92: Data exchange Basic-Fargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Data exchange Basic-Fargo

> to rewrite all the necessary IO-routines and so have the question: Has
anybody
> here on the list written routines to exchange data between an assembler-
> subroutine and a main program written in basic? That would be fine, as IO and
> extensions ( use of a memory-scanner, searching in memory, perhaps debugging
> on the ti ) then could be implemented more easily.

   It would be very difficult to debug assembly code using TI-BASIC, and I
certainly would not suggest it.  I doubt the I/O will change with the TI+
module, since the port addresses are all the same, the only thing you need to
do is write an OS-independant layer for your I/O.  Then write one module that
works under TI-92, one for TI-92 II, and a third for TI-92+.  For instance the
printf() call would jump to different ROM locations for each, and the clr_LCD()
routine might use a different LCD base address in each.  Other than that not
much should change.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu