Re: A92: Problems with Rom 1.7

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Problems with Rom 1.7

At 9:04 PM on 12/1/97, Bryan Rabeler wrote:

> >         I sent my Ti-92 in for repairs, and they changed it from rom 1.11
> > to 1.7.  Now fargo keeps crashing.  It seems it works fine until you
> > leave it off for a while.  Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> Haven't heard of that before.  Why the heck did they lower it from 1.11 to
> 1.7???

I have ROM 1.11 and I, too, am sending my TI-92 back for a replacement.
The company said they would send back a fresh 92 w/ ROM 1.12 on it, and I
only hope that your fate doesn't turn into mine as well. :P  Actually, the
company was very good about it, and they said that they would take it even
though it has my name engraved and has been used for about 2 months. (why
the heck would they give me ROM 1.11 two months ago anyway??)

I have a question, however.  Does anyone know the specifics on the 92+
module?  I am wondering whether it will override/write the entire ROM,
update it, or whatever?  Simply put, will I be able to upgrade to the 92+
and not need to worry about my buggy ROM 1.11, or should I send my
calculator in and have it replaced with the new ROM 1.12?  Thanks for the
help.