Re: A92: Defining <%fargo%>in autoexec.bat

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Defining <%fargo%>in autoexec.bat

BJ Neilsen wrote:
 I hate to ask such an inane question is this, but...
How do we define <%fargo%> (or whatever it is) in autoexec.bat for the Fargo directory?  I haven't done it (I just rewrote the BAT files to add the directories I put the Fargo EXE files in) and need to know so I can get rid of this annoying error message in Fargedit (that and to add it to the Fargedit help file...)
It's pretty simple.. use the DOS 'set' command to set a variable called 'fargo' to the path you desire.  Then add the variable 'fargo' to your DOS path.  I believe the following commands should do it for you, and you can add them to your autoexec.bat file:

set fargo=c:\fargo\
set path=%path%;%fargo%

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu