A92: Controlling an external UART

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Controlling an external UART

I am just a beginner when it comes to 68k asm, so I was wondering if I could
get some help and/or suggestions on how to write a some what complex program
that would allow you to send out data through the link port to an external
UART (i.e. the PC16550DV from National).  It could be loaded sort of like a
TSR that could be used for things like using a converted version of one of
the text variable viewing programs and having it format and print the data
through the link port in a format that the UART would undersatand and then
could possibly decode and send to a printer or other output device.

  -James