LF: Re: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Re: TI-92

Hey, isn't that illegal in some way? (Assuming you live in the U.S.) I
know there are *many* pathetic laws about computers and data. [such as:
It's against the law to enter fake info when you are signing on to a
BBS, and no porn on the net, no copying of software, etc, etc.) Don't
you think that you could get a teacher in trouble for "Unauthorized Data
Destruction of persons private property" or something.... If my teacher
started toward my calc, wanting to reset it- i'd say "I have important
data on here, besides, I'll sue you for destruction of private property.
You simply cannot reset my calculator." If she/he says "You are in my
classroom, and I make the rules here" say something along the lines of
"I am in a publiclly funded tax-dollar supported government building.
The laws are no different in this room, than out that window."

Some people might flame me for this view on things, but you see I have my
own computer in my room and I have lots of security apps on it so no one
but me gets in it so nothing gets messed up. The point is- it's MY
computer. Just as the calc is... If a teacher saw me using my Laptop at
school, and says "Hey, is that Doom? I have to reformat your hard drive
now, give that to me..." I know NO ONE on this list in their right mind
would hand over that laptop without saying a word. Expessially when you
have certain reports and stuff on it. I know that a computer will have
more important data on it than a calc, but it sure is a bitch to have to
re-install fargo, etc.. expessially when you have programs on it that you
are writing if you don't have a link yet.

that1guy@juno.com