Re: LF: TI-92 Envy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: TI-92 Envy

>I've read many letters regarding the awe of other students when the 92 is
>pulled out.  In my school of 1750, I was the first one to have a 92.
>(Through my school you can get quite a discount-I got the 92 for $160 and
>didn't have to pay any tax nor shipping & handling)  I have a great
>homework program on my 92, so I use it in all classes.  I pulled it out
>in Biology one day last year and about 10 people came over with that
>famous "What the Hell is that!?!", including the girl I'm interested in.
>So- the moral is: the 92 can be useful in other ways than just math,
>especially now with Fargo; you can whip out those great pics.  {Has
>anyone seen that new Sandra Bullock pic on TI-Calc?--pretty cool!, but it
>takes 32K of mem}
>
>!Black Magic!
>(Nick Schaf)

I have the same problem, people are always... "Is that your caculator, WOW"

or "Let me see that" --  and others

but not i can use it freely in 5 of my 6 classes, because everyone has
gotten over the "envy"

But i always try to think of how "cool" it is.....and i think the
biggest problem i had when no-one new about it,
was the worry of what everyone would say when they saw it. (all that attention)

|  /
| /
|/
|\  e