LF: Newby

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Newby

That's "newbie"

*.92b  ==  backup
*.92p  ==  program

Use link.exe, the link software that comes with fargo.
        - connect TI-92 to PC ($5 link or official TI Graph-Link)
        - turn on TI-92 and stay on home screen
        - run link
        - select the link software option to get a TI-92 backup
        - give it a name like "fargobak.92b"
          it should get the entire backup error free
        - quit link
        - run "putfargo fargobak.92b"
        - start link again (your TI-92 is still connected and on home screen)
        - select the link software option to send a ti-92 backup
        - enter "fargobak.92b"
        - you will get an error, because fargo installs
          via a bug that causes a sent backup to wrap around
          to the beginning of memory
        - select the option to send TI-92 program files
        - enter "*.92p" to send all the program files that came with fargo
        - shift+on should now run fargo
        - write some cool games for me to play ;-)

You can optionally get a backup after fargo is installed and do
a putfargo on that, thus needing to only send one file when your
calc crashes (and it will, believe me... - hold the shift
and hand buttons while you press the on button to reset).

-Kevin
khuber@mr.net