Re: LF: AIGHH!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: AIGHH!!!

>Aaron N. Tubbs wrote:
>>
>> Well, I have to love it. Go upstairs, planning on installing the brand
>> new FTerm beta 7. Hooked in, sent the file..
>>
>> What the? Calculator got reset?!? What the heck.
>>
>> Well, ok, I'll re-send the fargo back up. All will be well..
>>
>> Sending..
>>
>> Send successful
>>
>> Send the fargo programs...
>>
>> UNSUCCESSFUL
>> UNSUCCESSFUL
>> UNSUCCESSFUL
>>
>> Well now. Something isn't working right. So I spent 25 minutes taking
>> apart my link, checking my connections, and rebooting my computer. No
>> problems. Try again. Same thing. Then I notice. My link port is shot
>> to hell. OH boy. Gotta love it. Anything that can go wrong went wrong.
>>
>> Sorry, just had to vent my private little "Death of my TI-92 as I knew
>> it" story. I just KNOW I've got a warranty SOMEWHERE. I HAVE to....
>>
>> FAQ REVISION QUESTION:
>>
>> Q: How do I upgrade my rom from version 1.7 to version 1.12?
>> A: Tell your 92 to break it's link port, find your warranty, and
>> return calculator. Exchange for replacement. All is good. Time
>> envolved: Time it takes to run to store and return/exchange
>> calculator. Upgrade price: $0 + mileage. What a deal! Too bad you also
>> lose all of those programs that you were too stupid to back up when
>> you really should have...
>>
>> Ahh well, sucks to be me.
>>
>> --
>> Aaron N. Tubbs
>> aaron@parrett.net
>> FARGO FAQ - http://www.parrett.net/fargo.html
>> "If you do something good in life, make sure you get a receipt, in
>> case heaven is like the IRS!"
>whoa... the exact same thing happened to me, sorta..
>not exactly
>but my link port is shot, so i'm sending it back... 1.7 -> 1.12 probably
>:)
>-Ed

Essentually the same thing happened to me except my linkport didn't die. I
installed FTerm b7 then pressed shift-on. The calculator froze with a message
at the top saying "Illigal instruction." I reset using the 2nd-grab-on thing
and sent fargo. got the normal 99% error. went into fargo, same error.
repeated this process with the one battery process. Still crashed when
sit there for a few hours. O loaded fargo and it worked. Does anyone know
what the hell happening on with fterm b7? I own ROM 1.4 and was using
PASSWORD.

-Chris