Re: LF: Re: foil

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Re: foil

> > What does the foil in the ti-92 do?  Would it be bad to remove it?

> If it is the RF/Magnetic shield you are talking about, Yes this will cause
> your calc to stop working..

Actually, I just disassembled a friend's 92 R12, and there was no
foil at all in it.  It also had a different format for holding the
backup lithium battery in (used 2 prongs instead of 1, and required
some hard work (and a really small screwdriver) to get the screws out
and in).  Besides this, the video out port (for the viewscreen) was
blocked out by a plastic piece, and upon looking inside, I noticed
this port wasn't even on the board.

I haven't seen any R11's, but it looks to me like they made a few
external changes to the 92 with the more recent versions...

Later,

      Josh Hays           |              jhays@teaser.fr
    Paris, France         |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
 American School of Paris |        http://www.teaser.fr/~jhays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid