Re: LF: On-calc asm viewer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: On-calc asm viewer

-> > > I've been trying to teach myself asm, and I was wondering if it
-> would be > > possible to create at the least an on-calc asm viewer,
-> at the most an on-ca lc
-> > > editor and compiler. Is this possible and if so, is a anybody
-> planning to > > write such a program?
-> > >
-> > > /Billy
-> >
-> > Hey, David told me that as soon as they figure out how to allocate
-> mem > better, they would have this done.
-> >                                               -Zach
->
-> Well, it would be nice if all of us could write programs without
-> depending on a computer, but please remember that such a possibility
-> isn't as usefull as it seems to be. Assembly programs are prone to
-> crash when they are in a development version, and in a TI-92 a crash
-> means cleaning the memory. Therefore, you will loose everything you
-> have done if you get it wrong (and it usually does)...
->
-> Anyway, it is still an interesting prospect. I still prefer the idea
-> of writing C programs or converting the current crop of TI-BASIC
-> programs to asm. But I do reckon that it would be a quite difficult
-> task... Any volunteers?

The problem with compiling high level languages is that you can't get
them as optimized ( for size and speed ) as you could if you wrote them
in assembler. That isn't such a big deal on computers since they have
more disk space and are faster, but on the calculator size and speed are
a problem.