LF: Re: Gender Changer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Re: Gender Changer

----------
> From: QBall <dunngre1@metronet.lib.mi.us>
> To: list-fargo@lists.ticalc.org
> Subject: LF: Gender Changer
> Date: Monday, November 18, 1996 7:08 PM
>
> My modem has a 25-pin male port on the back.  I can hook a cord to it
> which is 25-pin female--8 pin DIN.  My TI Graph-Link (from TI) is male 8
> pin DIN--stereo.  Where could I find a gender changer in order to use
> fTerm ?
>
> Don't say Radio Shack because they said that they don't carry it and
> CompUSA said that they could special order it (it would take 7-10
> business days for $11.99+tax-------NO WAY)

I will say RADIO SHACK.  You need a Null Modem Adapter (25 pin) but I don't
see ,why you need a gender changer unless the Null Modem adapter is
Male-Male or Female-Female.   The Null Modem Adapter is required so that
the RX and TX lines are connected properly or otherwise the two RX lines
will be connected to together and the two TX lines will be connected
together.