Re: LF: TI-92's in today's public high school's????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: TI-92's in today's public high school's????

> > I'm a freshman a school of 400 and i'm 1 of 5 people who have a ti 92
not
> > including teachers.  Normally the first question people ask when they
see
> > it is " HOw much does it cost?".
> >
> what's with high schoolers and "how much does/did it cost?"
> everything that anyone gets that is new or different, the FIRST thing
> out of their mouth is "how much did it cost?"  Then, if you tell them
> it was a gift or you don't know, they seem offended!

Heh, so true... For me a conversation with an "average" student goes
something like this:

Them: Is that a Sega GameGear? Wow holy shit its a computer!
Me: Its a TI-92
Them: An 82?
Me: No a 92
Them: Ohh a 92, cool. How much did it cost?
Me: When I got it, $250, now its cheaper
Them: Did you pay for that yourself?
Me: Yep
Them: Yo fella's, come check this jonx out.

At which point I leave, or else end up with a circle of 20-25 people
drooling over the calculator (I'm gonna have to waterproof that thing if it
keeps up). =)