Re: LF: On-calc asm viewer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: On-calc asm viewer

> Date:          Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:06:06 -0800
> From:          Zachary Millwood <rpzeh@pwrnet.com>
> To:            list-fargo@lists.ticalc.org
> Subject:       Re: LF: On-calc asm viewer

> > I've been trying to teach myself asm, and I was wondering if it would be
> > possible to create at the least an on-calc asm viewer, at the most an on-calc
> > editor and compiler. Is this possible and if so, is a anybody planning to
> > write such a program?
> >
> > /Billy
>
> Hey, David told me that as soon as they figure out how to allocate mem
> better, they would have this done.
>                                               -Zach

Well, it would be nice if all of us could write programs without
depending on a computer, but please remember that such a possibility
isn't as usefull as it seems to be. Assembly programs are prone to
crash when they are in a development version, and in a TI-92 a crash
means cleaning the memory. Therefore, you will loose everything you
have done if you get it wrong (and it usually does)...

Anyway, it is still an interesting prospect. I still prefer the idea
of writing C programs or converting the current crop of TI-BASIC
programs to asm. But I do reckon that it would be a quite difficult
task... Any volunteers?

Continue the good work,
Nuno Costa
Stop the mass genocide in East Timor!

Nuno Miguel Vieira da Costa                                       | Sem a loucura que e o homem,
Email: ncosta@grupo.bfe.pt                                        | Mais que a besta sadia
Web: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5179 | Cadaver adiado que procria?