Re: LF: TI-92's in today's public high school's????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CiebieraP@aol.com wrote:
> Is there a lot of these handheld wonder's in other schools?

In my there're roughly 10 '92 for 18 students. We
use this calc as a replacement when there isn't a PC with Maple nearby.
The TI92 is quite useful for matrix (determinants, inverse,
eigenvalues...), and for its symbolic calculus capabilites.  And we're
allowed to use it during tests!!!

Here in France, the TI92 is very common in High School and after, mainly
because it isn't forbidden, I think. (any electronic device is allowed
provided its smaller than a mid A4 (210*297) format). In fact it has
replaced the HP48.

Many students who are owning this calc can't use Fargo without my
help, since they don't have a PC at home:

Them:  "Can I take Tetris from your calculator ?" :-)
Me:    "you can" ;-)
Them   "Hey it doesn't work on my calc!" :-(

<pre>
--
                                                     )\/\/\/(
                   - Nicolas Lannuzel -              |      |