Re: LF: RE: Using FTerm with modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

David Lee wrote:

> At 06:15 PM 11/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> ><< What is the point of using it through the computer? Couldn't you just
> > use a program on your computer to do what you need to?
> >  >>

> >If this is the way you want to look at it, why make Fargo at all? With no
> >disrespect to the programmers (who are indeed talented) I just cannot see
> >someone in a work situation using FTerm to connect to a BBS.
> >
> >/Billy
> >

> hopefully someone will figure out how to make a wireless comunicator thus
> you could hook this up to a modem and then during the boring math or chem
> class you could be on a bbs or surfing some web..
> David Lee
> davidlee@itis.com

This is a possiblity. I am an amateur radio operator, and one type of
communication in packet. For this type of communication, you use a data
terminal (the Commodore 64/128 works very well), a TNC (Terminal Node
Controller), and a radio.

This would mean you would need to get an amateur radio license, which is
not hard to get, and you would need to buy a few pieces of equipment. A
TNC will run you $200 to $500 and a radio that will run it will cost
$250 to $2500. This is possibility but a very expensive one. I have seen
this done with a little pocket organizer, I think made by
Hewlett-Packert.

Please Email me if you have any specific questions about this topic or
becoming an amateur radio operator.

de KC8DML,
Rob McKrill
mckrill@vortex.lightstream.net