Re: LF: FTerm is hopeless now, but... HAHAHAHHAH!!!!

[Prev][Index][Thread]

JBridge21@aol.com wrote:

> yeah? so tell us how.

I'll tell you what I know so far... I've just made my first attempt at
connectiong to the internet via the calc today.

First of all you need the following:
Ti-92 calc (duuu)
TI-Graphlink
External Modem

If you don't have the graphlink or external mo0dem, there is software to
let you use a computer to connect via internal modem, but that's kinda
defeating the purpose

In addition, you need to hook the graphink to the modem somehow.  I did
this with the following:

Null Modem Adapter

DB25 Male/Male Cable
If you go to computer city, its called a "Data Switch Cable" and says
its for Serial or Parallel.  On the back it says its not to directly
connect 2 pc's and thats ok.  The product number is F3D111-xx where xx
is the length in feet.

Connect the null modem adapter to either end of the cable, and then hook
one end of the cable/adapter combo into the modem, and the other into
the graphlink

I initialized the modem with the following (just type it in after going
to fterm)
AT&F&B1&H2&I2&N5
I Simply copied it out of my usr 33.6 modem's manuel, and added the &n5
to limit the speed to 7600 (thought it would be a little safer than the
9600 limit)

next I dialed using "ATDT5152100" (The local freenet in buffalo new
york)

I was able to login, but after that the screen filled with the welcome
scrteen and locked up.  I'll try some more later, but thats what I did
to try to connect to the internet.

If your internet pprovider doesn't have a shell type account for you to
use (one you could use with a normal terminal / text only program) there
may be a freenet in your area.  Check out <http:/freenet.buffalo.edu>
for buffalo freenet, and browse around for info on a freenet in your
area, or simply search for "freenet"  I think yahoo has a directopry of
freenet info too.  The account is free (hence FREEnet) but limited
(perfect for the limited fterm though)

> Tilde,
> Jeffrey :j
> JBridge21@aol.com
> ***ROM 1.2***

---
Christopher Poole (A Mac Convert)
poole.christopher@paradox.net

(ps - this is the first email sent on my new powermac!)