Re: LF: Warp Out

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Warp Out

<< Brent Grigg wrote:

 > In Zshell, there was a way to "warp" out of a program.  The program when
 > a certain key was pressed could take the calc out to the home screen
 > instead of to the shell itself.  Is there anyway to do this in fargo?
 > Thanks....

 You could store the ESC character in the key buffer like this:

  move.w  #1,($75B0)     ; Set one key in the buffer
  move.w	 #$108,($75B2)  ; and the ESC key control character

 If you do this before the RTS, the key will be read by the Fargo shell
 and thus exiting Fargo immediately. If you have many Fargo programs you
 might see the Fargo Shell a short while though.

 This is not a nice way to do it of course, but it IS one way, and the
 simpliests now I think (correct me if I'm wrong).

 --
 Jimmy Mårdell                "I want to stand in the eye of a storm
 mailto:mja@algonet.se         I want to get struck by lightning

yes. some TI-BASIC programs that would be calling a Fargo program directly
(instead of Fargo) might take that ESC char the wrong way. I'm just saying
that because I have a particular program that can call Fargo programs (it
itself is Fargo) and sometimes an ESC would mess it up. But, I'm sure there
are some others that might have this problem.

Tilde,
Jeffrey :j
JBridge21@aol.com
***ROM 1.2***