Re: LF: Warp Out

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Warp Out

Brent Grigg wrote:

> In Zshell, there was a way to "warp" out of a program.  The program when
> a certain key was pressed could take the calc out to the home screen
> instead of to the shell itself.  Is there anyway to do this in fargo?
> Thanks....

You could store the ESC character in the key buffer like this:

 move.w  #1,($75B0)     ; Set one key in the buffer
 move.w	 #$108,($75B2)  ; and the ESC key control character

If you do this before the RTS, the key will be read by the Fargo shell
and thus exiting Fargo immediately. If you have many Fargo programs you
might see the Fargo Shell a short while though.

This is not a nice way to do it of course, but it IS one way, and the
simpliests now I think (correct me if I'm wrong).

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "I want to stand in the eye of a storm
mailto:mja@algonet.se         I want to get struck by lightning