Re: LF: Plese Read and Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Plese Read and Help

Eric Junker wrote:

>                        Postage paid by: [Image]

> Note: This isn't your average newbie problem. Read on.
>
> I just got my 92 a few days ago and I am trying to install Fargo.  I have
> the official graph link and am using TI's software for Windows95.  I have
> ROM version 1.11.  I downloaded Fargo and made a backup of my calc and then
> ran putfargo.  So far so good.  I then sent the backup to my calc and as
> normal it has an error at 99%.  When the error occurrs my calc's screen goes
> blank.  I'm not sure if it is off or if the screen just went blank.  Any way
> when I try to turn it on nothing happens.  I tried increasing the contrast
> but that doesn't work either.  I try to send the libs put I get a link error
> so I took out one battery and held down the on and ( key.  When I do this
> the screen comes on full contrast so I lower it but my screen is MISSING THE
> TOOLBAR.  The F1, F2, etc. don't work either. I am now able to transfer the
> libraries. Once the libs were transfered I pressed shift-on but that didn't
> work so I typed shell() and the calc pauses until I hit enter.  I am getting
> what fargo.txt describes here
>
> "If the Fargo core is not present on your TI-92, pressing [Shift] [ON] will
> have no effect. When Fargo programs are launched from TI-BASIC, they will
> simply pause the calculator and wait for [ENTER] to be pressed."
>
> I have also tried using a pre-installed backup but I get the same results.
>
> Why isn't the core getting onto my calc?
>
> Eric Junker
> junker@ncn.net

I read this message a week or so ago, and didn't think much of it.  Then
I got my 92 with ROM 1.11 and it had the same proplem.  What I've
figured out so far is that the preinstalled 1.11 backups do the same
thing to my calc as the preinstalled backups for 1.2-1.12 (this would be
the no menu bar effect).  When the fargo backup is installed, there is
2K less space on the calc.

Maybe TI is trying to screw Fargo and has created a new ROM version.  If
anyone out there has ROM 1.11, please mail me with the copyright date of
the ROM and how you got Fargo to work.

Thanx in advance.