LF: RE: FarGray

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: RE: FarGray

On 15. december 1996 23:19, Jordan Dahlke[SMTP:jordan@winternet.com] wrote:
>Hi, thanks for sending me fgplib.sym, that did the trick.  I'm having
>some trouble making greyscale look as good as it did on the 85 and I
>think it's either I don't know what to do when you say convert to
>greyscale three colors, then convert to 256 colors 1 channel, or else,
>the program needs contrast adjust on the calculator.  I have Paint Shop
>Pro Shareware, or else Adobe Photoshop for the Mac, so how is it that
>you convert to 3 greyscale colors than to 256 1 channel with either of
>those programs?  Thanks

Here is exactly how to convert you pictures to RAW :

Adobe PhotoShop (works in v3.0.5):
1. Load your picture !
2. Click "Mode" and select "GrayScale",
   (if asked, then Yes, discard color information)
3. Click "Image" and select "Image Size..."
4. Rescale your picture to a maximum size of 240x128 pixels !
   (remember you can rotate you picture if nessary)
5. Click "Mode" and select "RGB Color" (all modes will then become avaiable)
6. Click "Mode" and select "Indexed Color"
7. Select "Other" and write "4" (this will convert the image to 4 grayscale-colors)
  (the way the picture is displayed now
     is very near to the way is going to appear on your calc)
8. In "Palette", select "Adaptive" and then "Diffusion", click "OK" !
9. Click "Mode" and select "RGB Color" (yes, again :-))
10. Click "Mode" and select "Indexed Color"
11. Now select "8 bits/pixel", palette: "System", Dither: "None" !
12. Click "OK" !
13. Click on "File" then "Save As..."
14. Select Save As: "Raw (*.RAW)" and write a filename
15. Click "OK" !
16. Click "OK" !
17. Sometimes Adobe Photoshop doesn't convert the picture correct,
    try closing the picture and loading the rawfile again.
    It is possible that Adobe has made the picture negativ, if so
    just click on "Image" and then select "Map" and then "Invert"
    then just klik "File" and "Save", then "OK" !
The Raw file is now ready to be converted by FarGray !

Paint Shop Pro (works in v4.11):
1. Load your picture !
2. Click "Colors" and select "GrayScale"
3. Click "Image" and select "Resample"
4. Rescale your picture to a maximum size of 240x128 pixels !
   (remember you can rotate you picture if nessary)
3. Click "Colors" and select "Decrease Color Depth" and then "16 colors"
4. Select "Optimized", "Error diffusion" and click "OK"
5. Click "Colors" and select "Increase Color Depth" and then "256 colors"
6. Click "File" and select "Save As..."
7. Select Filetype: "RAW - Raw File Format" and write a filename.
8. Click "OK" !
The Raw file is now ready to be converted by FarGray !

....Let me know if that helped !

       ----------         )))))           J. Kristian K. Nielsen
       ----------         )))))           jkkn@ctav.com