Re: LF: New Info on Ram Upgrade and Graph Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: New Info on Ram Upgrade and Graph Link

Jimmy Mårdell <mja@algonet.se> wrote:

:Brandon May wrote:
:>
:> >Here is what happened when I called TI today:
:> >The first person I talked to said that "There is no ram upgrade in the
:> >STATES"! And then, when I asked whether it was in Europe or not, the guy
:> >said: "uhhm, well, not really, but there might be...yeah, there is, but
:> >wait, no..."
:> >Anyway, you get the picture, the first guy I talked to at TI really
:> >talked like an idiot, and then when he asked me where I found out about
:> >the Europe thing, he said: "Fargo? The cra, I mean movie???" and then I
:> >said, "Yeah, The crack for the TI-92..." and he said "uh huh..." And
:> >then he said that yes, there would be a upgrade in the future...
:> >Then i hung up and called right back, a girl answered this time.
:> >I asked about the upgrade, this time even saying the size of the ram...
:> >:-), and the first thing she said was, "where did you get that idea???"
:> >and I just said, "friends..." and she said ok. Then she stumbled over a
:> >few words and then just said, "no, there will never be an upgrade for
:> >the TI-92", then I said, I have seen the ram upgrade, and she really
:> >stumbled over her words and said, "well, that's all I know about it, try
:> >back later"
:> >
:> >SO! I don't understand, why would TI make such a big deal about it?
:> >Making it suruptitious! Anyway, that's that...take care. and don't
:> >forget to get the picture of the Armani Exchange I made from the Fargo
:> >Archive... :-)
:>
:> Boy does that story sound familiar
:
:Nah, the RAM upgrade MUST be true, because in a TI newspaper for teachers
:in Sweden, the RAM upgrade was announced... It said something like
:"The RAM can be plugged in by the owner". I haven't read it myself,
:someone at Fidonet said it (he got that paper).

True. I've got that newspaper here myself. I've mailed TI in Sweden about
proces and stuff, but I haven't got a reply yet.

-

 - Niklas Brunlid (nma95nbr@lustudat.student.lu.se)
PQF quote follows:

- "What shall I do?"
- "Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe,
   you could try telling it not to bother."
        -- Rincewind and Eric at the Beginning of Time
           (Terry Pratchett, Eric)