RE: LF: Updated GrayScale Converter for PC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 9. december 1996 08:38, Carl Turner[SMTP:cturner@garfield.leesummit.k12.mo.us] wrote:
>On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
>

>> Here you have it:
>>  FarGray Converter version 1.0
>>       - Converts Grayscale-pictures !
>>
>Could you just make a program that will take say, and gray scale bmp or
>what ever and make it bin files.

FarGray makes one fast bin-file containing both planes (2 planes) !

>by 'files' I mean how ever many gray scales there are.

only 2 planes is needed, like helena.asm include helena1.bin and helena2.bin
The bins FarGray makes - just includes both in one file !

>i.e. 3 colors, white, black, and gray. two bin files for black and gray. since there is
>no need for the white bitmap.

Please notice, you have to know the white bitmap, because else you wouldn't know
where the black and gray pixels were !

You'll have to make some sort of space between the black and gray pixel, and why not
make it white !

>get my drift?

       ----------         )))))           J. Kristian K. Nielsen
       ----------         )))))           jkkn@ctav.com