Re: LF: Troubles with Fterm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Troubles with Fterm

Dave Karelitz wrote:

> Most modems have an s-register (for my supra 28.8 it's S37) which you can
> set so that your modem will only connect to the remote modem at 300bps or
> 1200 bps. i.e. s37=1 (300), or s37=5 (1200) This eliminates the need to
> quit and re-enter fterm.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Karelitz
> dkarelitz@cybercom.net
> a_karelitz@sharon.k12.ma.us
>
> At 7:21 PM 12/8/96, Steve Benson wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello, all.
> >>  I'm running into a problem using Fterm with a modem. I've read the FAQ,
> >> and it doesn't deal with the problem I've got.
> >>  I'm able to connect to all the numbers I've tried, and everything goes
> >> fine for a short while. I set the modem (AT&F->OK), dial the number
> >> (ATDT1234567->OK), and am told that everything's well (CONNECT 9600). I
> >> log in, and then something odd happens.
> >>  It's like a buffer fills up or something, and I stop getting anything
> >> displayed on the screen- nothing I type shows up, and the server appears
> >> to stop sending. But when I quit and re-launch Fterm, it gets strange.
> >> There's a single character on the screen. When I delete it, and type a
> >> command, I find that I'm were I left off. I'll be able to interact with
> >> the server for about a screenful, then it'll lock up again. I can repeat
> >> the type-quit-continue cycle indefinately, but it's a colossal pain.
> >> I've got ROM version 1.11, I'm using Fterm 1.0B7, a Hayes Accura 14.4, a
> >> male-male adapter, and a null moden adapter. I'm sure that my
> >> cable/adapter setup is right. The only place it seems the trouble can be
> >> is with the AT commands I use to initialize the modem, or in Fterm itself.
> >>  Can anyone offer any advice? Maybe some AT commands that've worked for
> >> you?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Stan Hiller
> >>

> >This is a common probelm with FTerm. It is present in all calculators. There
> >is presently no fix for it. Just quit & reenter Fterm. If your remote
> >envrionment is customizeable, like a unix shell, just pipe all of your
> >commands into a pager set to pause every three or so lines:
> >
> >% who | more -num3
> >
> >will show who's online and pause every three lines. That will prevent the
> >overflow of the buffer. Or on a bbs, set your screen size to 3 or 4.
> >
> >-steve@adverspace.com
ATTENTION TO ALL USERS AND POTENTIAL USERS OF FTERM FOR FARGO
The reason why the TI-92 has so many problems connecting with a modem is
because there is no UART controlling the flow of the characters in and
out of the ti-92 and modem. this problem can be over come by somehow
implementing an UART chip into the graphlink/modem connection or making
a whole new adapter to connect the ti-92 to a modem that uses an UART
chip. another possibility is to design a program that controls the flow
of data in and out of the ti-92. either of my proposed methods SHOULD
work but since i don't know how to program in assembly on the 68k
processor i can not try these methods out. any help will be appricated