Re: LF: Re: Returned mail: User unknown

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Re: Returned mail: User unknown

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, daniel Plaisted wrote:

> Could someone tell me how to change the interrupt vector for the on key.  I
> know that its auto-int 6, but i tried running a program to change it and it
> gave me some sort of protected memory error.
>
> In case your wondering why I want to do this i'm just learning asm.  I want
> to write a program that will crash the calc :)  However, I want to be
> original.  You run the program, the calculator works fine, etc. until you
> press the on key :)  Since the program has overwritten the interrupt vector
> for the on key, the calc crashes.  If you want an excuse to get mad at
> someone, run the program, exit fargo, and give it to someone who wants to
> play a game.  When the hit shift on the calc should crash :)
  Yeah.  And if you press <>-[ON], or [2nd]-on it will crash ... and you
can't turn off
the calc...

> -dsplaisted@geocities.com

Read the ports.txt file.  I forget the address, but you have to write
something to some bit of one of these 32 registers before you can write to
memory below $120.

Oh yeah!  DON'T end your program with the int vector pointing into the
program.  The TI-92 dynamically re-arranges it's memory... so, some time
later, your program might not be where you left it, and the vector will be
pointing to nonsense.