Re: LF: This just in.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: This just in.

> > besides, we know now how to do it by notch, but I don't know how to do
> > it to xact amounts (although I may have an Idea.)
>
> I already presented a way to make it exact, but if you missed it, here we
> go again: (Some sort of startup-procedure..)
>
> 1. Calc on.
> 2. Password program prompts for password.
> 3. If password is correct, program displays all possible grayscales and
> gives user an opportunity to adjust contrast. If user doesn't want to
> adjust it, he/she presses enter or something.
> 4. Similar adjustment when grayscale mode is off.
> 5. Program then stores values for grayscale- and bw-mode to a certain
> variable or something where they're accessible for other programs.
>
> This method should give exact results.. :)
But the problem is how to find the CONTRAST SETTING to begin with.  If
the user wants it set at the level 10, thats fine, but we must have a
way to either tell the calc "set it ten" or find the current contrast
and modify it by the difference.  If anyone knows how to do these,
please pass it along.  I'm not saying your idea wouldn't work, I'm just
saying that (at least I) don't know how to do the above, but do know how
to change it by a common increment, such as 2, or 3.
If the program assumes that the contrast will only be set by it, it will
not work right.

--
Christopher Poole
poole.christopher@paradox.net