Re: LF: C programming for the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: C programming for the TI-92

> Well, here's my opinion (I'm sure many people will disagree):
>
> I think that all Fargo programs should be written strictly in
> assembly language.  When written in ASM, the programs are very fast,
> efficient, and don't take up a whole lot of space.  When written in
> C, the same program will be much slower, less efficient, and take up
> much more space.  The only good thing about C programming is that it
> is relatively easy to program in, but if written in ASM, the games
> and programs will be much better.
>
> -Ed
>
> > I am currently learning assembly language for programming my 92.
> > However, I have also tried to do some C programming by using CC68K,
> > available from Motorola. Although it does generate 68000 assembly
> > code, it is almost useless. I have had to make many modifications
> > to make it a Fargo program.
> >
> > Does anybody knows an easy way of avoiding it? Does anybody knows
> > some tricks to make such a code work?

Actually, a compromise needs to be made, to have both effecient and
effective programs.  Some needs to write a language which can be interpreted
easily into Asm.  This would not be as hard as it sounds, simple operations
on variables such as a = 1 + 2; can be done in 1 line in this "pseudo"
language, and then translated into the according assembly language.. Not
only would it be faster to write programs, but also probably a lot
safer..