RE: and LF:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: and LF:

>please forgive me everyone but could someone explain to me what RE: and
>LF: mean and how to use them. I know this is probably an inappropriate
>question for this newsgroup, but i dont know how else to find out. Thank
>you america.

Sure.... the LH: part stands for List-Fargo; it's used to differentiate
messages from different list-sever groups (such as Calc-TI, which uses no
such standard).
The RE: part stands for Reply... this means that, in the case of Re: LF:
(blah blah blah), the message is a reply to a message that was written to
the List-Fargo list-server.

Hope this helps,

Nathaniel Gibson
ngibson@postoffice.ptd.net