Re: LF: I bought the Ram upgrade today.........

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: I bought the Ram upgrade today.........

> That is the most important.
> I won't tell you the chips numbers cause i don't know them and i don't
> wanna break my 100 bucks ram upgrade...sorry.
> The main problem is that it changes your rom version to 2.1 (19/08/96).
> The other problem is that i am not abble to put fargo core in it.
> Don't overflow this list with questions, i told you everything i knew.

It  is quit e understandable that you can't put fargo on: the reason
is that the method taht afrgo uses is intrinisically linked with the
amount of ram on your calc, so a different version of fargo will have
to be produced for 256k.... I could also do with a rom dump of 2.1...
though I suspect it will be a 2meg chip, as opposed to 1meg, so the
current rom dump program will probably not be sufficient..
(though could you do a rom dump and send it anyway)

NB it is also quite possible that fargo will run quicker with the ram
upgarde.....

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/