Re: LF: just an idea on sound for the 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: just an idea on sound for the 92

>yes and no.. that port is a direct run from the LCD, I don't think it's
>possible to re-route the signal anywhere along the way.. plus, where are
>you gonna find a connector like that?  the only way suggested so far is to
>dump stuff to the screen and have the connector interpret THAT, but.. as
>far as sound goes, I have a friend that's an electrical engineer and a big
>sound fan that's thinking it over as we speak, I should have some idea of
>a plan in a week or two..
>
>JD

Just kinda a strange remark here (about the connector) but on my dad's
portable it has a pc card fax/modem in it and the external connector (it has
a transformer a few resistors capacitators and some chip..) but anyway its
plug fits perfectly into the overhead link port on the calc... even has the
same number of pins..
just thought some of you might find this intresting.. maybe we can get a
modem going yet.. (this assumes that it isnt phsically wired to the
display.. (can someone check that?))

David Lee
davidlee@itis.com