LF: I bought the Ram upgrade today.........

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: I bought the Ram upgrade today.........

As I promised on sunday, I bought the ram upgrade today and here is
what I know about it.
  First here is what is written in the booklet that is given with it:

> Overview of the TI-92E Cartrige
>_____________________________________
>
>  ____________________________________________________________
> |                                                            |
> |  The TI-92E 128 Cartrige adds 128 Kbytes additional memory |
> |  and multiple language modes to your TI-92                 |
> |____________________________________________________________|
>

>Features
>--------
> * Up to 198 Kbytes available memory.
> * Five language mode settings
>   - English
>   - French
>   - German
>   - Italien
>   - Spanish
> * All error and warning messages displayed in the selected language.
> * All menus and labels displayed in the selected language in the Geometry Application.
>
>TI-92E 128 Upgrade
>------------------
>  This is the first major product upgrade offered by TI for the TI-92 since its introduction in the Fall of 1995. While the original TI-92 had 70 Kbytes available memory, the new TI-92E 128 cartridge increases available memory in the TI-92 to 198 Kbytes. This additional memory expands your data storage capability for items such as functions, programs, lists, matrices, and geometry figures and macros.
>  The effucient design of the TI-92 allows you to easily upgrade the TI-92 by inserting the snap-in memory cartrige. On the following pages, we will describe how to install the cartridge and set the language mode to one of five language.

So, here it is.
  1) You unscrew the "TEST ACCESS PANEL"
  2) Take out the old module
  3) Put the new one.

IT WILL RESET YOUR 92 !!!

That is the most important.
I won't tell you the chips numbers cause i don't know them and i don't
wanna break my 100 bucks ram upgrade...sorry.
The main problem is that it changes your rom version to 2.1 (19/08/96).
The other problem is that i am not abble to put fargo core in it.
Don't overflow this list with questions, i told you everything i knew.

    ))))
   /   o\                     Amaury DELESALLE
   |    _)                 delesall@kweb.k-info.fr
   \  \_|
    |  /