Re: LF: ***** Greyscale experts...READ THIS NOW (PLEASE) ******

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: ***** Greyscale experts...READ THIS NOW (PLEASE) ******

No, but look at that 30k piccy of sandra bullock. Compression is needed
until 4meg TI-92s are the norm of the day. 30k for a 3color raw picture
that is absurd. By the way i will release a library for fargo that will
decompress pictures. Included will be a little program to compress TI92
vars. The routine should be fast and efficient.

> You don't *need* to compress these files... You could use an uncomressed
> image, which would just have two planes, and would be represented
> directly in binry.
>
> one way could be to place it directly in the sourec like so
>
> PLANE_ONE:
>    dc.b   %00000000000001100000000000
>    dc.b   %00000000000011110000000000
>    dc.b   %00000000000111111000000000
>    dc.b   %00000000001111111100000000
>    dc.b   %00000000011111111110000000
>
> PLANE_TWO:
>    dc.b   %00000000000001100000000000
>    dc.b   %00000000000010010000000000
>    dc.b   %00000000000100001000000000
>    dc.b   %00000000001000000100000000
>    dc.b   %00000000010000000010000000
>
> make sure to have it the right size though, and you must change the
> source so that it does not *unpowerpack* the code, cause its not
> compressed
>
> The powerpacking I belive was just to cut down the file size, so it did
> not take up all your calcs mem.
>
> PS. I am no expert either, so if this doesn't work, don't blame me, well
> just have to ask the experts again.
> --
> Christopher Poole
> poole.christopher@paradox.net