Re: LF: LCD Display

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: LCD Display

> > Does anyone else's LCD display on their TI-92 look kind of funny when
> > pixels in the top row are written to?  I was working on Bombardment
> > and I noticed that if pixels were drawn to the top row, the entire
> > column of pixels becomes darker.  Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> I have also noticed this on my TI-92, manufactured 6/96. Perhaps
> programmers should refrain from writing to the top line of the screen?

I've noticed it as well, and was planning on mentioning something
about this earlier.  If a lot of the top row of pixels are black, it
looks fine -- it's just when there are a few black ones on the top
that it seems to affect the whole screen.  (Mine's version 1.4).  I'd
also suggest that unless there'a border around the whole screen (i.e.
the top row is entirely black), then the top row isn't used..  Just a
suggestion.

Later,

      Josh Hays           |              jhays@teaser.fr
    Paris, France         |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
 American School of Paris |        http://www.teaser.fr/~jhays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid