Re: LF: z80 to 68000 converter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: z80 to 68000 converter

BRENT L GRIGG wrote:

> ok.  i have found a z80 to 68000 converter.   It is a LBR file, which I
> extracted(using lue220.com).  I got 4 files with the extension of zzz.
> Is there anyway to unzip, extract, or run those files on an IBM? if so,
> we might see some cool games...

Umm, not really :-) You still have to change VERY much in the source.
Calls to the rom, everything that uses ports, all variables must be
treated differently, the graphics... the graphics must be a huge problem,
since the video memory is bigger you have to recode all routines that uses
the video memory, and that will be hard if those routines are cleverly
made (ie complex, compact and fast, like my sprite routine :-) )

--
Jimmy Mårdell               "Breaking your trust in sorrow, until you face
mailto:mja@algonet.se        the dreams of tomorrow, has taken place