[A89] A tale of much horror

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] A tale of much horror

Yea, I was at school, and with much boredom. And in my infinite stupidity, I
ran this command:
Exec "000000"
But lo, I had PreOS running, so there should be no harm. Ha! There appears a
message saying "Line 1111 Error", and a freeze of the system. Yet oddly,
still the modifier keys work. This will not be dwellen upon. Pulling of the
batteries hath no effect, for mine calculator is corrupted to the core. At
home, I attempt the great feat of removal of the backup battery. It worketh,
clearing the RAM. In another of Gof's great mysteries, all appears very
slowly at startup, although after that nothing unusual is seen. Rashly, I
runneth same command again. This time the message be "Invalid Instruction."
Repeated removal of the batteries does not work, leaving only a pox of dots
on the screen. Only battery removal for half of a minute has any effect,
restoring normalcy once again.

Does anybody know what the hell happened?
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
	- Douglas Adams