[A89] Re: 68K Guide

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: 68K Guide

First of, it's really 80x86. It's come to mean the
different branches of the Intel processors, such as
the 80486, the 80586, etc. However, they were more
commonly known as 486's, 586's, etc., so 80x86 is
often shortened to just x86.

Now, other than that, I have to mostly agree with the
one assembly language, it's easier to learn others
becuase you have a better understanding of the
lower-level concepts that you don't need to know about
in, say, C/C++/C#, Java, Pascal, etc., even though
knowing the underlying concepts can help improve your
code. For a good 68k guide, I would recommend the (you
guessed it :) 68k Guide by Jimmy Mardell, available at
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/68k/92guide.zip in the
docs folder.