[A89] Re: Clarification

[Prev][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Clarification

>You may have an old version of TI-Connect. I just tried it, and it
successfully deleted a variable for me (V200 w/AMS >2.08;TI-Connect 1.1) It
makes a lot of sense for TI to grab the DelVar command from the catalog
because DelVar could >be represented differently on language-localized
calculators.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the different languages. That does make it sound
rather stupid to type the command name in directly, after all. :-) I do
think there were some ways it could have been more efficient, though, such
as separating the var names with commas when you're deleting more than one
instead of starting it as a new command, etc. It probably wouldn't have
saved much time, though, as slow as it is. (I still use the Var-Link menu
myself to delete vars, instead of the linking program. Much faster for many
vars at once.) I figured the calcs would have supported a silent-linking
command to directly delete a file. That would have been foolproof.

Funny you say it worked properly with TI-Connect 1.1, because that's what I
have. But I was talking about the TI-89 instead of V200; I don't know if
that makes any difference or not. I'm not too familiar with the V200.

Later,
Travis