[A89] Re: Anybody Alive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Anybody Alive?

Naah....  I've never written a pure asm program more than about six
instructions long.

That sounds like fun!  I used to do something like that, only with a
hexeditor and other people's programs.  However, they were never more
than a page long.

Mistakes do kill, I know that from experience.  Just having to recompile
a six-instruction program seventeen times mentally is trying to the
patience.  And then finding that
A1=  ;highest number representable in this register, 2^32 I think,
     ;anyway one really big number
NOP
DBRM A1, (PC-4)
RTS
doesn't cause a noticeable delay is even worse!

I recently found a mainboard from an Apple Laserwriter II.  It has a
MC68000 /and/ a z8530 on the same board.  Also SRAM, DRAM, EEPROM, and
Monotype ROM code.  The SRAM is useful--supply constant power and you
get constant storage.  With DRAM, however, you have to refresh each cell
at very small increments.  SRAM is used in calculators, EEPROM
(Electronically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (let's make a
rap out of that!)) is just like Flash.  I'm currently desoldering
components to use for my various projects (possibly learning z8530
assembler?  Not enough time--probably only useful when making TV
remote controls (see http://www.zilog.com/ onz8 microcontrollers)).

You ever been to userfriendly.org?  It's a fun site, new comics every
day, and a blank slate discussion board every day at midnight (Pacific
time).

Any updates on Command Post?  I'm dying to hear how it's going.

That's a lot of parentheses!

-Duncan Smith (slimey_limey)
mrslimeylimey@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/mister_slimey_limey