  From: Brett Simmers
  To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 5:20 PM
  Subject: [A89] Re: Anybody Alive?

  Heh, it's been over 2 months since the last message here.  Are you thinking
  of doing assembly or C?  Either way, you should download TIGCC at
  http://tigcc.ticalc.org.  It's the best IDE/programming tool for the 68k
  calcs; it does GNU assembly, standard 68k assembly, and C.  There are some
  good tutorials at http://technoplaza.net/programming/ (C) and
  http://technoplaza.net/tigcc-asm/ (assembly).  C is a lot easier to program
  than assembly and isn't that much slower, but there are people who prefer to
  use assembly so they can squeeze every little bit of performance out of the
  processor.  In my opinion, the tiny performance gain over C by programming
  in assembly isn't worth the extra programming effort.  Hope this helps.

  Brett Simmers
  bsimmers@attbi.com