[A89] Re: about a68k

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: about a68k

>yes! that's what I thought... well, actually CodeWarrior and MPW both
>can create 68k binaries. The problem is the linker, and I'm not sure
>if there's any difference between binaries for 68000 and 680x0,
>although in CW I can explicity choose between 68k code and 68020, I
>assume that 68k is more universal. So, let's assume I can produce the
>68k binary, the problem is the linker... :(

You probably use CodeWarrior and MPW as compilers (but I don't know what
MPW is).  Unfortunately, that won't work, as the TIOS calling convention is
different from the standard (a0-a1/d0-d2 may be trashed, return value in a0
or d0 depending on the type).  But if you have an assembler for 68k code,
you can probably get it to produce an object file instead of an
executable.  You need this file to be in either the COFF or the AmigaOS
format; then you can use obj2ti, which is included in TIGCC (simply
download the TIGCC sources and compile it with a C++ compiler, but you need
to define or undefine BIG_ENDIAN).

Follow-Ups: References: