[A89] Re: AMS 2.05 upgrade problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: AMS 2.05 upgrade problem

yeah you can flash it as much as the hardware can allow, id suggest using
2.04 instead of 2.05 (for more compatibility). as for the 'anti-piracy
mechanism', i believe youre talking about the signatures that the flash
upgrades and flash apps have. it was actually so that people couldnt make an
os to write over ti-os, about the apps, im not sure if it is for licensing
reasons or for the protection to the system since you could easily mess it
up if you don't know what youre doing. it is definately not for anti-piracy
because they distrubute the rom unencrypted on the net! its the same image
you flash your calculator with, so you could disassemble, etc with no
problem.

> If I upgrade the AMS, can I revert back to my old one if I decide I don't
> like the new one?  Also, what the devil does the anti-piracy mechanism
> do?  Is it there to prevent copying of registered apps?  Why does it
> require that stupid 24k limit?
>
> Jon K.?
> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.