[A89] Non-Complex Numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Non-Complex Numbers

       I know this is off topic, but I'm extremely desperate.  I was
wondering if anyone here knows much about complex numbers.  What I am
actually looking for is an example of a non-complex number, but I assume that
if I am enlightened on complex numbers, examples of NON-complex numbers will
come to me naturally.  I dont know much about complex numbers, but what I
know is this.  They are an ordered pair of real numbers such as (1,6).  These
two real numbers fit into the equation a+bi where a is the first number in
the pair and b is the second.  So in this example it would be 1+6i.  These
ordered pairs may be graphed with one axis being the real number line, and
the other being the immaginary number line.  That is a quick summary of what
I know.
       I have been searching the internet for a few weeks now looking up all
sorts of topics from Chaos Theory to Number Theory, but have been
unsuccessful in finding an example of a NON-complex number.  So, I'm sorry
for the extremely off topic question, but I was unsure of where else to look.
 Knowing that this many extremely intelligent people are subscribed to this
list, I figured someone on here would know.  Thanks for you time and your
help!

CalenWakefield