[A89] Re: Clarification

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Clarification

>>TI did indeed put new limitations in on HW2 calcs.
>>My HW2 89
>>reports an "Invalid relocation data in ASM program"
>>error using
>>an (older) version of TTStart.
It's not really a new limitation. Yes, in fact, TI did
put new restrictions in HW2 calcs, but not
specifically in 2.08. The relocation data thing was
due to a dirty hack that didn't cause any problems and
was fixed by a single line of code (it has to do with
the Ghost space).

>>I think you're correct about that extra 64k.  My
>>total amount
>>of free flash decreased after I installed it.
Only on the 89 is the Flash decreased by 64k, due to
sectioning it. In fact, it's only 50 bytes over. If it
were 50 bytes smaller, we would get the extra 64k
back. The really annoying thing is that there are over
50 triple swaps in the AMS (swap d0; swap d0; swap d0)
which waste 4 bytes each. So, we really should have
the memory back.

>>When's Command Post coming out?  It's already
>>December. ;)
In fact, it's almost January. As one of his beta
testers, I can give somewhat of an authoritive answer
to your question: whenever TI releases is. Greg sent
the "final" version off a while ago, so whenever TI
free-ware signs it, it'll be released.